Sunday, January 10, 2010

winter warmth

Spending a sunshiny afternoon with friendly New England Textile Artists near Boston to construct an afghan that will be raffled off as a charity fundraiser.

Coming home from the above gathering with door prize winnings including this incredible baby camel and silk hand-painted top in the most gorgeous subtle ocean blue-green colorway. I hope my spinning skills will do right by it. Meanwhile, I'm petting it frequently.

English muffin bread, fresh from the oven. I'm a big fan of this bread, with all its toasty nooks and crannies to hold my surprisingly good dairy-free butter-like substance.

Guys out ice fishing two days in a row. Jesse shown here on Friday, drilling the first hole of the day at a frozen cove. They had so much fun that they got together with a bunch of fishing buddies yesterday and nine of them were happy on the ice for many hours. Fresh trout dinner, caught by Jesse!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Hey! Ice fishermen! I just carpooled about 9 guys last night back and forth from the village out on our lake. The temps dropped to -5 and I was worried, so I drove out and made them all come home! At first, I think they were annoyed, but later, they thanked me. No one wanted to be the wimpy man to say, "That's it! It's too cold." Ha ha. They only caught two fish in 6 hours, so you'd think they'd have figured it out by then. I think the cold was starting to affect their minds.

Yummy yummy fleece. I'm a little green with envy.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kate/Massachusetts said...

The bread looks so perfect! Is that a recipe you can share or is it part of your husband's business? Good luck with the roving - I'm sure the yarn will be lovely!

6:59 AM  
Blogger J said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love birthdays.

And the bread looks great.

Jean

8:17 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I love the color of your doorprize! You will be able to spin it up beautifully.

The bread looks so delicious!

Ice fishing - I have such a phobia about falling through ice. I don't know if I cold ever do it!

11:49 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Lvely afghan squares!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home