Tuesday, January 12, 2010

just doing as I'm told

I've been itching to knit some nice new mittens or gloves, but kept telling myself, nah, we all have some and don't need more. Then Pat mentioned a January Mitten Knitting group on Ravelry and I joined it with the idea of browsing their projects on occasion, but not necessarily jumping on the bandwagon to knit a bunch of them because, like I said, we have mittens.

Then I received notification that I, as a member of their group, had won a set of four mitten patterns from Kirsten Kapur/Through The Loops! Nice!

Hmm...lots of pretty, cabled mittens. I have yarn that would go nicely with any of those designs, but, well, I'm working on sweaters lately so maybe I'll make mittens after the sweaters are done.

Less than an hour later, I was walking into our local post office when something caught my eye.

Do you see it? Lower right corner,
resting on the post with the button that opens the door?

A single lost mitten.

A single lost HANDKNIT mitten.


Pattern: All the Water
Yarn: Dye Dreams Celestial
Size: S/M, which fit my large hands
Mods: None, but I added twisted cords to the cuffs, as usual, so they can be tied together and/or through a buttonhole to help prevent the sad scene at the post office.



Sometimes you pick the projects and
sometimes the projects pick you, y'know?
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

sometimes the Universe has something to say.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kate/Massachusetts said...

Beautiful mittens! I have knit the Breathe Deep mittens by Kristen several times now. I love the construction of those mittens! I used Brown Sheep worsted which has mohair in it that produces a bit of a halo. It worked perfectly and they are my favorite mittens...so far!

You can never have enough mittens!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE them Deb. I am a huge fan of your blue projects. You have the prettiest blue yarns! Mittens are irresistable I say. I'm making the Bella mittens and have found them impossible to stop at one pair, lol.
Debbie R.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

It was . . . destiny.

(notice the drama in my voice - I'm watching Lord of the Rings)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

So pretty! I'm a huge Through the Loops fan and these are definitely on my list. Congrats on winning and thanks again for joining us!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

You can never have enough mittens! My goal is to knit a pair along with a matching cowl this winter. It would be nice to have a matching set!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home