Wednesday, September 09, 2009

104.1

104.1 was the call number for a radio station I used to like a lot. It changed hands, though, and I don't enjoy it much now.

104.1ยบ was Jesse's temperature when he woke up from a nap yesterday afternoon with glassy eyes and a pounding headache, so off we went to the hospital. I didn't get much enjoyment from that either, but at least there was good knitting to keep me occupied during the mercifully short wait times. (If you know Jesse, you can imagine the need for short wait times. Mercy.)

Working diagnosis: flu. We'll know the test results later today. If positive, we'll be filling that Tamiflu Rx for Jesse and sending Scott's pathetic sick self off to the doc's office too. He doesn't have the fever, but is otherwise feeling pretty crummy.

This morning, I'm hot, cold, stuffy, headachy, coughing, and basically just about ready to crawl back into bed. Just a little bit of each, not too bad, but enough to make me think something's brewing for me too. Other than a reasonable amount of work for me and some beadmaking for Scott, the calendar has been cleared for the day.

Is is wrong for a mom to think of her family's sick day as a happy little staycation? Well, you know, happy except for the misery. ;-)

Fluids for all! Tylenol all 'round! Bring on the knitting and movie fest! Or maybe some tea and a nap.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Love 2Bs said...

Wow, that's a high temp. Hope you are all better soon. I got the cold portion of it a couple of days after we saw you, but luckily no fever!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

hope you all feel better! i spent most of yesteray in bed myself (and went back to bed after getting hubby off to work this morning) it's going around! Take care.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Ohhh! Take good care of yourselves. I remember my entire family down with the flu when I was 12. I ended up nursing everyone by myself.

Hope Leah has some first aid skills. And stays well . . .

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Cindy said...

Oh yuck! I hope you all feel better soon, flu is no fun.

3:29 PM  
Blogger J said...

Did you all share the same spoon?

Hope you are up and at them soon. I know how busy you are.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home