Tuesday, January 27, 2009

outgoing

When meeting the newborn daughter of a knitterly friend, it's an opportunity to knit wee baby things! I already had the baby sheep hat stashed away for just such a day. Leah wanted to add something to the gift too. We've known about Christine's Stay-On Baby Booties pattern for a long time, so Leah grabbed some sock yarn and DPNs and scurried off to do her thing.
With no help from me (which is good because I've been happily up to my eyeballs in work), she whipped these little tootsie-warmers out.

They're ultra-stretchy, so hopefully they'll last this sweet babe a good while. Baby snuggles all 'round, shared with the open arms of a half dozen other knitters in the room, including one who is a fan of Scott's silly sheep stitch markers, had a variety of them with her and has sent others to friends' homes across the country. (I'd link to those silly guys, but it looks like they're all sold out for now, with most recent thanks to a knitter in the UK. Which reminds me, omg, you guys, the buttons -- the BUTTONS he's making lately -- awesome! I wish I could knit faster and use them all.)

Another outgoing knit is one of Leah's Swirls hats. Seven commenters out of eight said they'd like to give it a home and the Random Number Generator chose the 7th commenter,


so, Coleen, it's coming your way soon! Thanks, everybody, for playing along!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

My baby is wearing that very outfit right now! In a bigger size, though. :-)

(That's probably the most OT comment possible, isn't it? Blame the flu. I should be in bed, but the kids have other ideas about that.)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

love the knits!!!! thank you so much!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

congrats colleen! ADorable set for the new little one!

11:12 AM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Both baby gifts are fantastic! Great job to Leah the independent and capable knitter!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home