Thursday, January 22, 2009

the next step

Hoo boy, look at how the kiln turned up the purple in those glass beads I showed you yesterday! The buttons along the back of the picture also went through the annealing process, but they're encased in clear class and remained more amber with a slight iridescent sheen. It's all good.

Filling time while settling on some bigger projects, I finished a Claudia hat.

I forgot to do the knits through the back loop, but Jesse doesn't seem to mind. He snatched this hat right up and claimed it as his own, stating he now prefers it over his Habitat hat because it's a little longer. Yes, he insists he can still see out from under there. 

Conveniently(?), Scott lost his own favorite handknit hat today (it was ratty and really needed to disappear, so I'm not sad) and says Habitat is perfect for him.


mmm...lava lamp swirly glass beads

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I am in awe of the production out there. Wow!

That hat is fabulous, as are the beads. I gotta dig up some expendable cash and go shopping again . . . soon!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the beads!! And that hat needs to be knit in this household as well!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Come and Share a Cup of Tea said...

How funny! I knit that hat up last month as a gift for my bil who wanted a new black hat! Last year I made him the Koolhaas hat and so I thought this one was another great pattern for him. He loves his too!

10:00 AM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

Lovely beads and gorgeous hat (but not in a girly way LOL).

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home