Sunday, March 04, 2007

keeping it G-rated

I love many of the patterns in Charlene Schurch's Hats On! Leah does too. She started one yesterday and I'll probably start one today. Both of us are sticking close to home with rotten colds this weekend, so we've had lots of time for indulgence in our yarny projects. We had this vintage wool from my Gram's stash...

(Whaddaya think? Is that stuff older than older than this knitter?)

and we had some Kool-Aid, thanks to Scott and the handy dandy local supermarket...

so now we have some fresh colors with which to work.

They're subtly variegated, which we both like, and we're looking forward to using these yarns while on vacation with Gram, so she can quit ribbing me about how I've had her wool for a couple of years now and still haven't used it. As if she was going to get right to work on it any day now if she still had it. ha! ;-) (Yes, we love Gram. Yes, we are ecstatic that she'll be arriving in CT in only 2 more days!)

The title of this blog post refers to the beauties below.



Scott picked them up today, after they had time to anneal at the studio after his beginner glassblowing workshop last weekend. We've been fondling these...uh...spheres ever since he walked through the door with them after another afternoon of...uh...glassblowing, proud as a peacock. So you can imagine the titles that are popping into my head this morning as I write. Oh, poop, I just can't help myself. Nice balls, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Tsk, tsk. You're a gal after my own heart. It takes balls to pun like that. ;-D

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - these are totally awesome! Let me know when you are ready to sell some!!!!
Love,
Vickie

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home