Monday, February 26, 2007

of frit and fair isle

Day 2 of Scott's glassblowing workshop exceeded expectations. He made three blown sphere Christmas ornaments and can't wait to get back to Lorenz Studios to pick them up. (They needed to cool in the kiln and weren't ready to come home yesterday.) He came home bubbling with stories and excitement and clearly had a stellar time with Larry, his assistants, and the other beginner glassblowers.


I spent a good chunk of the weekend working on my fair isle sweater. I'm almost done with the sleeves. I'm still feeling wishy-washy about the color scheme and the sleeves are wider than they need to be and I'm not quite sure if I like the overall design (there are purl rows that cause the whole thing to appear pulled in, in waves, but I think they'll settle down with a good blocking), but I do so enjoy the whole fair isle technique that I just keep knitting away on it and loving the process.

I worked on my cardigan of Scott's handspun at a Saturday afternoon-into-evening knitfest. It's a simple stockinette knit, perfect for making progress while chatting with friends. It's bulky, though, so it won't make a good traveling project. I made a swatch for a lacy sweater that I thought would be good to take on vacation, but it didn't turn out as I had hoped, so I'll continue to keep my eyes open for the project(s) that will undoubtedly be set aside while we watch the sunset from Santorini. ooh...aah...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Too cool. I love his glass projects. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your travel project. You always come back with some great projects, either finished or well on their way. I assume the lathe won't be going with (grin)!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home