Wednesday, January 18, 2006

felt good

Spent yesterday evening with a group of feltmaking friends at Roz's studio. Had fun with show-and-tell, strip felting, and general talk about all things wooly and felted. The picture at left is a not very flattering image of my favorite of our nuno felt scarves. Scott made this one and the curly locks at the ends are a gorgeous combination of colors that feel oh so fun to wear. The felted areas on the remainder of the silk add just enough texture and warmth, while remaining light and drapey. The works-in-progress and recently finished items shown by the other feltmakers were great to see too. I need to add some more wisps of wool to the strip felted piece I started yesterday and then roll the heck out of it to make the wool turn to felt and shirr the fabric strips. Also need to finish fulling the felted wall hanging for our bathroom, which was started before xmas.

Stopped in at West Hartford library on the way home to pick up a book on some of the new techniques I'll be trying on my Philosopher's Wool sweater. I am nuts about all of their patterns, so I might as well get comfortable with the techniques. Picked up an Alice Starmore pattern book while there too. :-)

Kids are romping with all their pals at ice skating, scouts, and archery today, so I better get to work and take advantage of this peace and quiet! But I'd rather be knitting... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home