Sunday, April 18, 2010

blissful bits

Even with all the other stuff going on this weekend, we've each been able to follow through with plans for things we love to do. That's important, even when everything else is topsy-turvy and a little surreal. Here's a glimpse.

Jesse's most recent interest is model trains, and all the building and wiring that goes with them. This is part of a local model train club's big layout, open to the public yesterday. I had just as much fun talking to the train enthusiasts as he did.

Leah's vintage dance event was last night. I mostly tried to be invisible, but still had to get a pic of her all spiffed up. She had a magical evening of dancing and laughing, and can't wait until the next one. She's psyched to see what time period the next dance will be set in so she can sew another dress that's suitable for the theme.

I made just a wee bit of progress on a Budgie baby sweater. This sleeve is doubling as my gauge swatch. I needed to go down one needle size and try again, but am on the right track now. Stash superwash yarn held double, easy enough that even I can handle it at this point.

The Terror Fish sweater and its fisherman are spending the weekend camping with silly old friends and playing with the fishies, as is their tradition for opening day of trout season. Scott and I have both known these friends since we were all about 16 and they're all good guys. They caught lots yesterday and sound like they're having a blast. The forecast was dismal, but it's ended up being a not-half-bad weather weekend after all!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger ChristineMM said...

Leah looks lovely. I think her face has changed, looks more grown up, not just the bit of makeup I think I see, she is just changing into a young lady. Wow!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Leah looks beautiful. She is changing so much and looking so grown up!

Looks like Scott had fun!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Jen said...

I haven't been by for a few days and am very sorry to hear your Grandma passed away. Hugs from Nova Scotia!

Jen at The Woollen Earth

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home