Saturday, April 10, 2010

fringes

The work boom continues. It's an excellent thing and I'm happy for it. The arms, though, they get tired. Come evening, there's little to no energy left for knitting. I've still managed to fit in a few stitches here and there, mostly while waiting to pick up a kid, but the projects have been squeezed way out to the fringes of my life lately.

We were on our way out to dinner to celebrate my mom's retirement yesterday (ooh, I'm so jealousssss!!!!!) and an optician had a display of antique crafty goodness in the window, including vintage embroidery, a spinning wheel, basket with knitting, old sewing machine with smocked clothing. Nice. See, even when I'm away from the hobbies, they're not far away from me!


I did manage to turn a heel on the current sock during after-dinner chatter and remembered that I never did take a pic of the ugliest socks I think I've ever made.


So there you go. Ugly duckling zigzaggy socks. I figured those lightning bolts needed grounding, so a shot among the daffodils seemed fitting. The yarn wasn't a good choice for my standard 2x2 ribbing, but they'll keep feet warm and they feel squishy and I'm just happy to have something to show for the past few weeks.

Tonight, b'day celebration w/ a knitting friend. There will be mindless knitting and happy chatter, and I can't wait!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger LaurieM said...

Glad your working, but it is frustrating when life gets in the way of living.

Yep. Ugly socks, but they do look warm though. Hmmm.... Could you over-dye them black?

4:55 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

The socks will do well under long jeans and with black clogs. They'll probably look better with just bits peeping out when you sit down.

LOL when I read the post at first I misread "work broom" and I thought, "OMG she is making brooms by hand now, a new craft". LMAO. Glad to see it was 'work boom'.

PS I bought the best ever broom at NYS&Wool, a PA guy with an 1850s machine all hand done with no electricity. The thing is amazing.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Hey - everyone needs a pair of boot socks, right? AND they'll always be better than store bought.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Ugly or not - I bet they are warm!!!

Enjoy your night out. It sounds like you need it.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home