Thursday, April 30, 2009

taize

Shazam! How does it happen that I barely started this scarf, then set it aside for a month to knit a ridiculous sweater, then came back to this project and it was finished in the blink of an eye? During a period of time when quiet evenings at home happen only once or twice a week?! This phenomenon -- the magical appearance of finished objects in a life with plenty of other activities and interests swirling about simultaneously -- is quickly becoming my favorite aspect of knitting. Rarely is there a substantial chunk of uninterrupted time when I'm focusing on a specific project, but instead the knitting happens in the background, in little bits here and there while waiting for/involved in other activities, visiting with friends, etc., so it's such a fun surprise when I suddenly realize, hey, this project's ready for bind-off!

Pattern: Taize by Susan Pandorf
Yarn: Ball and Skein's sock yarn, bought at Spa Knit and Spin

This pattern knit up in a honeycomb-shaped, deeply textured way that was thick and luscious. I had hoped to just block it enough to neaten up the edges, but of course the whole thing went limp upon soaking and I realized it was equally beautiful when blocked to open up the pattern fully. The honeycomb ridges settled in as gently undulating curves spiraling up around the paired holes for a full 12" x 80" of light and lacy goodness.

Next up: Knitspot's La Novia, I think. Because I'm loving the lacy scarves in semi-solid yarns and there are two skeins of deep teal alpaca/merino/silk on my desk, just waiting.

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Oh, now that's a pretty scarf! Well done.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

What pretty pictures, too! I love the blossoms on the tree - and I agree - FO's are something special!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

love it! Beautiful as usual (that goes for the knitting too!)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

I was going to say pretty much what Rani said. Heh... Happy spring!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home