Friday, April 17, 2009

larger than life

One of Scott's customers today sent us a message for clarification about the size of the rubber rings on our stitch markers. She mostly works on small needles (up to size 6), so she wanted to make sure the rings weren't overly large.

Since one of the first comments we often hear from people who see Scott's beads in real life for the first time is "they're so small!", I'm realizing that the close-up pics on our Etsy site make the beads AND the rings look larger than life. I always try to list measurements of the beads, but I think it's still easy to imagine them much bigger than they are.

In an attempt to make their true size easier to understand, here's a pic of one of the rubber rings on a size 6 needle and another on a size 3 needle.
And here are a couple of stitch markers in my hand, with a penny also for scale.

Here's a sheepie stitch marker action shot, which might help to visualize scale as they relate to an adult sized sweater.

Sweet little things, for sure! I hope that helps.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger ruth said...

That's why a picture is worth 1000 words! Thank you!!! I guess I'll have to cave and order some for myself...

12:47 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

The ring beads arrived this week, thank you. They are very beautiful. I've put a larger one to use on a lace project and will blog about it this weekend.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home