Thursday, April 23, 2009

and she's off!

For a long, long time, Leah's projects also took up a lot of my time to help her work through all the steps, fix boo-boos, etc. Now, though, she's flying solo!

Earlier this week, she mentioned wanting to make something for a friend's upcoming birthday. I saw her browse Ravelry. I heard her print a pattern. I vaguely noticed her winding a ball of yarn.

She did ask me how to crochet around the post of a stitch, which I described.

The next thing I know, she's choosing buttons and grinning ear to ear. B'day gift ready and of a style that she thinks her friend will love!




Pattern: Sophia Kessinger's Swirls Cap
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted, Emerald Blue
Hook: H


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous CTJen said...

very very cute! WTG, Leah!

3:47 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

That's a really cute cap. Great work Leah!

Neither of my two boys show any interest in crafts, so I'm appreciative of how lucky you are Mom....

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home