Friday, March 27, 2009

playtime

Because some stitch markers are just too pretty to keep in the knitting bag, I decided to try to make a hammered wire pendant doodad on which to hang this new style of beads. I can easily remove a stitch marker to put it to use or substitute a different set of beads for an entirely different look.


Best of all: There's something satisfying about holding a cluster of glass beads in your hand - their cool smoothness, the sound they make as they are moved around - and this necklace keeps them at an easily accessible location, just right for a tactile treat.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

oooo those are beautiful!

5:48 PM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

They are gorgeous, and I love the pendant to hang them on, but do they distort your stitches if you use them as markers? Perhaps they are only for use on larger gauge projects?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Delaney's Duds said...

OMG!!! Love the beads and necklace!!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

awaiting those glass gems on the website!! great necklace idea!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous barb said...

Beautiful beads. I love the little sheep stitch marker Leah gave me last week. Thanks so much for coming to see me at Webs and for teaching me the magic loop method.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

functional art! I love it! What a pretty little pendant.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous CTJen said...

awesome. Those are gorgeous!

8:41 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

My little sheep is living on the kitchen window sill since I'm afraid that residing in the knitting bag will either cause massive jealousy from the other stitch markers or a sheep death.

6:31 AM  
Blogger DebKnits2 said...

Stitch markers = jewelery!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home