Friday, March 23, 2007

bleh

I'm not feeling very well (bronchitis -- thank you, airplane air) and I'm not getting very much work done and everything and everyone is irritating the crap out of me. I was sick enough that I didn't even want to knit last night. Gasp -- the end is surely near!

Luckily, the rest of the family is healthy and keeps on keepin' on. Scott got some borosilicate glass and made his first buttons...




Ooh, I like 'em and I'd even use these humble beginner efforts on my cardigan-in-progress. You probably can't tell it from the picture, but that middle one has some gorgeous sparkly blue in it and the purply ones have wisps of metallic purple sparkle in them, with lots of depth and an ethereal quality. In general I'm not a fan of yellow in any shade, but even the caramel-and-green ones are okay by me.

Leah also finished knitting a pair of socks.


The first sock was knit by our friend Jean, who then decided she wasn't too fond of the Sockotta yarn. At a knit gathering a few weeks ago, she asked if anybody wanted to finish the pair. Leah jumped for them, finished the first one that day and had about 3" of the second sock knit by the next morning. I guess it didn't bother her that they were on DPNs and she had never used DPNs before! It ends up that Leah feels the same way about Sockotta yarn as Jean did (and also as I do, although I never said it to Leah), so she has proclaimed these as "just practice socks." I'm not sure what that means for their future, but they were definitely a good launch into using DPNs.

And now, since I'm grumpy anyway, I'm going to rummage around in the basement and find more stuff to give away. I did this in a big way yesterday and felt much better afterward, so hopefully it'll have the same effect today before I succumb to the call of the couch and the warm blankies.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your handmade buttons are beautiful - they ALL look so pretty with the blue cardigan!
I'm impressed with her sock knitting ....AND I feel the same way about Sockotta!
Hope you feel better soon...

7:19 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Since I'm just getting into knitting socks, I'm curious--why don't you like Sockotta? I've never used it. But I like to know what to avoid...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home