Tuesday, December 12, 2006

festivities and friends

The past few days have included:

- a tour of the 2nd floor collection at the Springfield Armory

- Christmas by Candlelight celebration at Old Sturbridge Village


- a secret project unlike anything I've ever tried before, using Honduran rosewood

- a festive afternoon with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra



- a date with my husband (gasp!), hanging with old friends, drinking good beer and seeing live music, including one guy on stage that I've been seeing for, oh, 25 years now. (Hi, Pril!)

- bead sales, soap sales, and possibly felt sales when we weren't even trying

- two starts to another baby hat in an attempt to get gauge, so far without success. Third try is planned for tonight, after I get home from working on another secret project, this time with cocobolo

- attempting to take passport renewal photos for my kids without having them look like mug shots

- lacemaking lessons and ornaments in progress

- and a teeny tiny imp who is living here for 2 weeks and getting a phenomenal amount of attention until he arrives at his permanent home with Z-man (see Santa pic above) on Christmas morning. Shhhh...this little bugger (3 lbs.) is a big secret to keep from Zach!

 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger DesertGirl said...

So how was it? Who did you go with? I've been emailing Colleen Nicholas lately, and missing everyone. And Beth H, get this is dating Brian Cleary, so I've been hearing Sue and Frank stories.

I'll be in Brooklyn in March, hoping we can see eachother!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home