Tuesday, August 22, 2006

if you insist

I said I wouldn't bore you with inch by inch progress pics of the Bella cardigan as I work it up, but Lori asked nicely, so I'll play along. :-) The sleeves are finished and I have a few inches to go on the back before armhole shaping. Here are the pieces, on a boulder near the stream at Cotton Hollow, where we spent yesterday evening picnicking, swimming, and visiting with three families of friends.
Here's a close-up of the pattern. I messed with the color and lighting on these photos, but no matter what I do, it looks purple/eggplant-ish on my monitor. It is, in fact, burgundy. A deep, rich, silk-wool blend in burgundy. And I like it a lot.
I just started the back on Friday and got a bunch done while camping this weekend, so it's coming along really fast now. Again I had to concentrate for that lacy 7" at the bottom, but from here on up it's an easy knit. I decided not to do the body in the round because I read that some knits need the extra structure that seams provide and this seemed like it might be one of those, with the softness of the silky wool and the looseness of the lacy pattern. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

It is glorious, thank you. I've bookmarked the pattern and that may be my Christmas present to myself this year.

5:42 AM  
Blogger April said...

Oh My, Oh MY! That is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it's next stage.....I just may have to try to knit that myself! (the largest thing I've knitted is a sock!)

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home