Tuesday, May 12, 2009

crochet mode

I just love a morning like this. By 7:20 a.m., I had:

1. Rec'd notice that an exciting book is waiting for me at the library
2. Made hotel reservations for Spa Knit and Spin 2010 at discounted group rate -- w00t!
3. Printed packing order for a set of silly sheep stitch markers on their way to Australia.
4. Spread the word about an upcoming event that I'm setting up (more on that soon).
5. Written to someone with whom I'm swapping soap/buttons/beads for enough teal roving that I can spin a sweater's worth of yarn for myself.
6. Checked out our options for awesome fun in Pittsburgh this coming weekend.
7. Downloaded much of the day's work that supports this family.
8. Rec'd confirmation of two custom bead orders.

All while still in my jammies and sipping the day's first cup of coffee. We lurves the Internet.

Meanwhile, Leah seems to have swung back 'round to crochet mode. A couple of evenings ago, she printed directions for a granny square. I offered to show her how to make them, but she wanted to do it on her own, so off to her crafting studio bedroom she went, emerging the next morning with this:

(wonky because she used whatever yarns happened to be within reach, one wool and one cotton, of different gauges)

By yesterday afternoon, she had the beginnings of what will be a granny square scarf that's long enough to wrap multiple times around her neck.
Even at this shortish length, she wore it to ukulele band practice last night and rec'd many compliments on it, as well as a surprise birthday celebration from her friends there! With the sound of the band in the background, I had a thoroughly delightful conversation with a new friend and also had the pleasure of helping someone take her first few knitting stitches.

We lurves the real life connections too. :-)
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

If you are driving to Pittsburgh I can give you directions to my LYS that is in Grove City (just off the intersection of 79 & 80). Hope your trip is fun.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous WoolWytch said...

Ohhh the Spa weekend sounds awesome. Where is it and is it open for folks to register for it?

11:35 AM  
Blogger J said...

Debbie: Steph and I are all signed up. She wanted to stay at the Hampton next year.
Maybe I can learn something new from you guys next year!

Jean

6:41 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

ukulele lessons? Your kid is the coolest ever!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

ps. I just ordered stitch markers from your fish-sweater wearing hubby! I am so excited! I have JUST the project for those darling little gems!!!!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

i emailed you ! Love that granny square! been trying to teach myself granny crochet, lol, not sure how it is going past the first two rounds!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home