Friday, August 31, 2007

fantabulous Friday

Reason #1: My new computer arrived! Pretty pretty, zoom zoom!

Reason #2: The Hemlock Ring Blanket , a vintage knit doily adaptation by Brooklyn Tweed! Lace knitting has never really appealed to me, but it ends up that I love lace knitting in heavy wool (Cascade Eco Wool, Night Vision). I finished the center floral motif this morning and have begun the feather and fan portion. It's about 20" diameter now.


Reason #3: The beginning of a long Labor Day weekend!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Beautiful!

Do you belong to the Yahoo KnitList? Because there's been a discussion about this and is apparently now a Yahoo group KAL for this pattern.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. And what's stopping you from knitting lace in big yarn other times?

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT. I'm on Round 62ish. I'm using WoolEase. I went to 2 LYS and they didn't have the Eco Wool. And I couldn't wait to start. I plan on making another one in Eco Wool.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I agree completely,when I try to knit lace with laceweight I get so frustrated but with a bigger yarn...I am so in love too!
I just finished the Shetland Triangle ala BT in an aran weight and it was a dream, check out the photos on my blog!
I couln't find two skeins any brown, only grey and white and black so I am making the HR in bright scarlet. I'll post photos of mine soon.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Ohhhh, I saw that and downloaded the pattern, too. I'm so tempted to cast on but I've still too many WIP's going.

What lovely, wicked temptation you're promoting!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home