Friday, February 19, 2010

whoosh

The Victorian Lady showing a knitted garter. Light bulb moment when she mentioned that's where garter stitch got its name! BTW, this woman puts on an excellent educational and entertaining show, so if you ever get a chance to see her strut her stuff, I'd encourage you to go. She also was absolutely delightful to talk to afterwards, when she gave Leah some leads on how to follow her bliss with the interest in historic textiles and reenactment.

A warped boy winding a warp. ;-)

Some of the newest flock of sheep, socks, bunnies, etc. heading to Stitches West with our friends at Dye Dreams!

Me? Haven't knit a stitch in days. Whassup with that? :::jobchauffeursnifflesgroceriestaxesmealsmendinglaundrybills
dentistshovelingphone::: Oh, life. ha!

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous random Cindy said...

aww. Hugs to you. Hope you get a few peaceful moments soon.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

That is so cool - garter stitch. Hmmm. Learn something new every day.

I also learned that wolves howl at a frequency that won't echo. Echos mess up their location strategies. Cool, huh?

1:24 PM  
Blogger knitmomma said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to have time for you!

I'm interested in the warping board your son is using - my daughter and I (we also homeschool) just borrowed a table loom to see if interest holds, but it doesn't come with a warping board. Did you buy that one, or make it? I think I see a makers mark on it. I like how compact it is!

knitmomma (at) gmail (dot) com

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home