Thursday, August 06, 2009

tiny stitches

Well, Leah's bouncing back quickly from her Swallowtail shawl heartbreak. She shifted gears yesterday to finish up a counted cross stitch project...
trimming the edge of the dust cover on the back,
after she finished framing her work

and browsed her Ravelry favorites for some new project ideas, but ultimately decided to dig out her Rogue hoodie and get back to work on that.


While waiting for something picture-worthy, I thought I'd show you this handknit sweater and hat set. The doll belongs to my mom and she gave it to Leah. I don't know for sure, but I think the knitting was done by my mom's paternal grandmother, so that would be Leah's Great Great Grandma. That's some mighty fine knitting there, being appreciated by five generations of knitters.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

oh i was reading so quickly the other day i missed that Leah had had a mishap with the shawl! That is such a bummer! I still think it looks lovely though.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

What a treasure (the doll).

Leah is doing the best thing - taking a break and keep busy with other projects.

I have a lace wrap that I goofed on and it's been hiding in a box for almost a year. That's a long break!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Oh dear, I sympathize with Leah and her shawl heartbreak. I've just had to rip out the entirety of the shawl I was working on (I was about 25% of the way through) and start a new pattern, so I feel her pain. :( Ripping sucks, but it's always worth it to make it what you want it to be in the end.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home