Saturday, May 13, 2006

me so steeky

The kids went to Lion King with my mom last night (and loved it -- I can't wait to hear more from them when they wake up), so I took advantage of the evening to concentrate on my sweater. Believe it or not, I was not the slightest bit nervous about cutting the armhole steeks. At this point, one sleeve is just about fully sewn in place and the neckline curve has been marked out and machine sewn. Hopefully at some point today I'll get the second sleeve sewn on and then it'll be time to pick up stitches to knit the neckline ribbing! I have my doubts about whether it's going to fit, but I am enjoying this process so much that I'm fine with that and would just give it away and start myself another Philosopher's Wool sweater.

You see those boo-boos in the diamond band at the bottom of the sleeve? When I first noticed them, I decided to leave them there because 2-handed knitting was new to me and I couldn't bear to tear out my work. And now I still don't mind the errors because I figure they're a reminder of how far my knitting has come during this project. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Come and Share a Cup of Tea said...

Gorgeous! and Brave!
Jean

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home