Monday, March 27, 2006

simply weaving

Leah was watching over my shoulder as I clicked through some blogs last night. The picture of a triangular loom here caught her attention, so we read the post together, then headed off for bed. A little while later, I heard her scurry to my office, open and close a desk drawer, then skedaddle back to her room.


She popped up bright and early this morning with these. First try was obviously too loose, but a mighty fine woven piece on second try.

Amazing what a creative kiddo can do with yarn, thumb tacks, a removable wooden shelf, and the time to experiment. :-) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweazey said...

She is doing great! How exciting to be inspired in the night to do weaving-by-flashlight! (so to speak)
Andy
http://shuvani11.livejournal.com/

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah, too cool! I'm thrilled to see that you were inspired by my adventures in weaving. I hope you got some sleep that night! :wink

If you made a bunch of those rectangles in different colors, you could put them together for a nice little sampler blanket or poncho! Or maybe do 3-4 and sew them into a purse...so many possibilities!

Thanks for sharing your work.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home